The term Fistula is derived from a Latin word which means pipe or tube. Fistula In Ano can be described as an abnormal inflammatory track which has an internal opening in the anal canal or rectum and an external opening in the perianal skin. Dayanand Ayurvedic College provides fistula treatment using Kshar Sutra, also provides treatment for Piles / Sentinel Tags/ Pilonidal sinus and other related problems with Kshar Sutra.
What Causes Fistula-in-ano
There can be multiple reasons for Fistula related problems. fistula may occur with or without symptoms. There may be some swelling with pain, discomfort and discharge of pus in the perineal region. This track does not heal itself usually due to fecal contamination, presence of unhealthy bacteria and lack of rest to the part. This is a purely surgical condition but surgery has lot of complications and recurrence rate is also quite high after surgery. Some of reasons may include but are not limited to –
- An acute abscess in one or more potential spaces around anorectal canal.
- Source of infection could be a number of predisposing conditions like :-
- Infected and inflamed condition of the anal crypts (crypto glandular apparatus). Crypto -glandular – 90%
- Infection from hair follicles.
- Infection from an ulcer at the root of the pile mass.
- Infected sebaceous glands.
- Infected sweat glands.
- Anal fissures
- Foreign body penetrating from outside.
- Traumatized mucocutaneous lining of anorectal canal due to undigested foreign body. e.g. fish bone etc.
- Inflammed/ thromobosed previously existing pile masses.
- Retained sutures after haemorrhoidectomy.
- Injection of chemicals for treating pile masses.
- Radiation burns from X-ray and Radiotherapy.